The Weekly Takedown: 11 January 2017
by Jillian C. York | Jan 11 2017
- USER NOT FOUND: Twitter suspended pharmaceuticals villain Martin Shkreli for harassing a female journalist.
- CENSORED: Apple removed the New York Times app from his Chinese store following a request from a government body.
- NSFW: Facebook sure has something against statues! This time, the social media giant censored a photo of Bologna's nude Neptune.
- LONG READ: A lawyer has re-written Instagram's terms of service using child-friendly language...that likely benefits most users.
- BONUS READ: The Coral Project takes a deeper look at the "real name fallacy."
Sep 21 2016
Facebook's near-blanket ban on nudity remains a hot topic this week, while a new report on the company's censorship of French antiracists gives insight into ...
Feb 9 2016
Each week, we will share a roundup of notable news articles related to censorship on social networks.